Friday, January 30, 2009

D.I.Why?! (Super-Cheap & Easy Art)

Anyone who knows me, knows that my love for Target runs deep. A couple months ago, I found some little 5"x5" frames that came in a pack of three. I bought a bunch of packs in black, as well as white, with the intention of putting black and white pictures of my sweet, little cherubs in them.

Well, they didn't look as awesome as I would have liked and my poor photo printer was sucking up the ink like crazy. So, I decided to take a piece of 12"x12" paper that I'd been hanging onto for eternity and cut it into nine 4" squares. The result turned out perfect for filling out a wall in the master bedroom:


Lee's a little freaked out that I used tacks to to put the pictures up, but I find that since the frames are so lightweight, it isn't a problem at all. Plus, I was able to easily reposition the tacks to make sure that the frames were perfectly square with each other.

Time: roughly 10 minutes (most of the time was spent positioning the frames on the wall)

Tacks: negligible. Nine tacks out of a package of hundreds that I purchased about 10 years ago. I suppose you could get all fancy and actually put picture hangers for all nine. That would probably run a buck or two depending on where you purchased them.

Frames: $7.50 (for all nine!)

Paper: $0.33 (On sale at Joann's a couple years ago)

Total: $7.83


I also scooped up this super-sweet canvas print in their 30% off sale:

1 comment:

Janet Barrow said...

LOVE those black and white framed scrapbook pages! I have been wanting to do something like this but haven't been able to find frames I like. Great job! (And I use push pins all the time to hang pictures :) )