Monday, May 26, 2008

At least the kid's got manners

I think Lee thinks I’m spending too much time at drive-through establishments. The kid’s speech has been getting more and more diverse and this has turned into a typical conversation:


Me: Jack, would you like more strawberries? What do you say?

Jack: Peeeeeze

Me: Here you go. (handing him strawberries)

Jack: Kack-oooo (translation: ‘thank-you’---which, interestingly enough, is the same word for cracker. At least when he starts throwing racial slurs I can just say, 'No, no... he really said, 'thank you'.)

Me: You’re welcome.

Jack: Habaniceday! Bye-bye! (waving vigorously)


Apparently, all that’s missing is the enthusiastic ‘Come again!’ at the end.

We’ve been working pretty hard on drilling basic songs into his head, as well. The kid can now sing ‘Twinkle-Twinkle’, and the ‘ABC’s’(well, up to about the letter J, after that, he only goes with every third letter’). His appreciation for fine musical arrangements has also extended to this:





Around 10:00 am every day, he comes running into my office yelling, ‘lowlowlowlowlowlow’ and pointing to my laptop.

I’m concerned. I guess it’s time to start censoring… But first, I'm working on teaching him how to act out the part where they say '...turned around and gave that big booty a smack.'

Wouldn't that just be precious?

In other, non-child-related news, I’ve been working on a long post about our trip to the National Stationery Show in NYC. I’m hoping to squeeze a little free time later this evening and get everyone updated.

Also, be sure to check the main site tomorrow morning. I've designed a brand-new bunch of cards just in time for Summer.

Habaniceday!!! Bye-bye!


No comments: